Penfolds Collection 2019 Release
Jul 04, 2019
Each wine bears the blueprint of Penfolds ‘House Style’; the considered touch of the winemakers and the pinnacle in character and provenance from the vintage.
As global demand for Penfolds continues to grow, we are making some changes to set the brand up for its next chapter of growth.
Home to wines such as Grange, Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz, and Bin 707 Cabernet Sauvignon, The Penfolds Collection 2019 will now be available from August 2019.
Given the significant activity planned in our 175th year and Penfolds global reach, the decision to move this annual wine release timing from October has been made for a number of positive reasons:
- We are taking measures to create space between the annual collection release date and the 175th global anniversary activities planned for October, and to ensure we have a full calendar of activity across the year.
- We are expanding our promotional programs to support The Penfolds Collection across all four quarters of the year, capturing events including Mid-Autumn Festival, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Chinese New Year.
- We are ensuring we can accommodate two vintage cycles of Penfolds - the northern hemisphere (French and American) and southern hemisphere (Australian) to maximize opportunities with our winemaking team.
There will be a global advertising campaign, increased consumer activation and a powerful consumer promotional offer available to our Penfolds customers. Penfolds will also be executing the best level of activation globally to drive awareness and sales of this Collection 2019 release, in both retail and on premise.
Penfolds in the Category
- Premium wines are critical to driving trade up, and rowing +5% to YA.*
- Penfolds is over 25% in value sales of all premium red wine.*
- Penfolds is the Most Admired Brand in the World.**
- Penfolds is the #1 Premium Wine Brand
- Australia’s most collected wines. ^Penfolds Bin 389, Penfolds Grange & Penfolds St Henri.
* Premium wine defined as wine >$20 Source: ~IRI Liquour, AU Unwtd Market, Value Sales I MAT 12/05/19.
**Drinks International 2019.
^Wine Ark 2016.
New Vintage Wines Being Released
- 2015 Grange
- 2017 Yattarna Chardonnay
- 2017 RWT Barossa Valley Shiraz
- 2017 Magill Estate Shiraz
- 2016 St Henri Shiraz
- 2018 Reserve Bin A Adelaide Hills Chardonnay
- 2017 Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz
- 2017 Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2017 Kalimna Bin 28 Shiraz
- 2017 Bin 150 Marananga Shiraz
- 2017 Bin 128 Coonawarra Shiraz
- 2017 Bin 138 Shiraz Grenache Mataro
- 2018 Bin 311 Chardonnay
- 2018 Bin 23 Pinot Noir
- 2019 Bin 51 Eden Valley Riesling