Spotlight on Seppelt!
May 12, 2021
A true regional hidden Gem, founded in 1851, Seppelt is one of Australia’s most historic wine producers. Few Australian wineries have carved such a distinguished name for both still and sparkling wines. Not only a pioneer of sparkling wine in Australia in the 1890s – of both white and red expressions - Seppelt also crafts some of the country’s most collected table wines and helped pave the way for cool climate styles in Australia.
Things to know about Seppelt:
- Seppelt was a pioneer of crafting sparkling wine and sparkling Shiraz in Australia.
- Legend has it that Australian operatic starlet Dame Nellie Melba was curious to bathe in sparkling wine. Our Seppelt cellar hands obliged, filling a bath with 152 bottles of Seppelt’s finest sparkling, in which she famously bathed.
- Seppelt’s Great Western Winery & Cellar Door are home to the largest underground cellars in Australia.
- Seppelt has a long affinity with horse racing in Australia, namely with the Great Western Races and the Melbourne Cup Carnival - now a Major Partner of the latter, proudly hosting Seppelt Wines Stakes Day.
Wines on tasting during the Regional Gems program:
- Salinger NV premium Pinot Noir Chardonnay
- Jaluka Chardonnay
- Chalambar Shiraz
If you would like to find out more on how you can get your lips on some of these amazing wines and take part in our Regional Gems program, please contact Melissa.Maloney@tweglobal.com