JOB NO: USU1224
LOCATION: CAMPERDOWN, SYDNEY, NSW
- Work alongside professional chefs to deliver amazing food
- Prestigious and convenient working location on the University of Sydney Main Campus
- Gain valuable practical experience
WHO WE ARE
We are Australia’s largest and oldest Student Union. We are about students on Campus. As the primary provider of coffee & food on campus, we have a wide range of cafes and quick service venues that include our own Food Truck & Coffee Van.
We are committed to a sustainable future for our campus community and have made commitments ensuring sustainability is embedded into everything we provide – from our events and cafés to our student programs and facilities.
We care about your development so we offer two full days of paid training to help build your barista & customer service skills so you can become a coffee connoisseur & customer service star.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for enthusiastic Chef de Parties with a love for great food and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service to join our growing team at the University of Sydney main campus.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fresh and dynamic team and culture. We want someone who can really bring positivity and a motivational personality to the team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Sharing your winning smile and “can do” attitude to help support the kitchen team in delivering excellent experiences to our customers
Being responsible for the quality production and presentation of all products leaving the kitchen
- Completing ordering processes as required to ensure correct stock is always on hand
- Assisting with the control of food costs and the minimisation of wastage
- Using your knowledge of our menu to make your customers feel welcome and that their satisfaction and repeat business are your top priority
- A daily meal allowance to be used at all USU outlets
- Access to a range of discounts on thousands of products such as life insurance, mobile phones and even gaming equipment!
$32.86 (inclusive of 25% casual loading) per hour + 11% Superannuation
HOURS OF WORK
This is a casual role: rotating roster up to 38 hours per week, Monday to Sunday between 7am - 11:30pm
IDEAL START DATE
HOW TO APPLY
The Health and Safety of our community is extremely important to us and so we ask that applicants are double vaccinated with a recognised COVID-19 vaccination and can show us their COVID-19 digital certificate or a medical contraindication exemption certificate.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position before applying
- Scroll down and complete our online application form below
- Attach your resume. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Please note: You should have a minimum up to 2 years previous experience in the above or similar roles.