Sorry you're a bit late, this job expired on Nov. 26, 2021. Set up a job alert to be notified when similar jobs are available.
Fuctions Operations Manager at The Park & Rivers Edge.
The Park and Rivers Edge are on the hunt for a Function Operations Managerto join our team working across both locations in a full time role.
The Park, located on the picturesque Albert Park Lake, is renowned for its tranquil lakeside views, extravagant chandeliers, open and stylish warehouse interiors and dramatic arched windows which offer an abundance of natural light from all angles, making this an event space that offers an array of function and event capabilities.
Rivers Edge, located in the thriving North Wharf precinct of Melbourne’s CBD, with pristine Yarra River and city surrounds sights, River’s Edge Events is best known for its spectacular views, sophisticated design and floor to ceiling glass expanses offering an abundance of natural light.
As a Functionc Operations Manager, your role will involve:
• Running and managing event operations on a day-to-day basis
• Inspiring and leading a multi-skilled function team
• Assisting with reporting on revenue throughout the business
• Training, hiring, and inducting new staff into the business
• Acquire and manage functions, events, and bookings
• Working with and communicating effectively with Venue Manager and management team
36 Lakeside Drive, Albert Park VIC, Australia (view on map)
Please note: You should have a minimum 2 years previous experience in the above or similar roles.
What do we need from you?
• A minimum of 3 years function management experience managing both small and large scale events
• Proactive approach to positive guest experiences by always looking for ways to enhance guest and client experiences.
• Ability to provide a high level of customer service while problem solving and managing unexpected situations/ complaints
• Hands on approach and a 'can do' attitude
• Sound knowledge of banquet operations
• The ability to lead, motivate and engage large teams
• Ability to ensure high level of communication with internal and external stakeholders in high pressure and busy environments
• Preparation of rosters to budget
• Experience working across a variety of events that include weddings, corporate functions, gala dinners, bat mitzvahs, cocktail parties and conferences
• Above average knowledge (almost expert) with most Office related programs
Induction/onboarding required prior to starting role
STARTS 8, Nov 2021
ENDS Not Specified
This is a one-way video interview. You will be asked up to 3 questions and will have up to 30 seconds to answer each one.
Your interview will be sent to the hiring manager once you have answered all the questions.
Your video interview has been sent to the hiring manager.
They will be in touch with you if they'd like to speak or hire you for the job.
Best of luck and thank you for submitting your interview.